Saturday 25 August 2012

4 hours and counting

Facebook, where everyone 'knows your business'  yet few actually really 'know your business '.

So I've been alone for MONTHS now. Baby is nearly 9 months old and I've been feeling like there hasn't been any defining point where I've shouted from the rooftops "help, I'm lonely and isolated with 4 kids, I'm tired, financially unstable and can't cope!!!" Ok I'm exaggerating but some days a lot of it's true!  Yet we all feel the need to grin and bear it.  In fact not many people even know I'm 'single'.  Hate that word.  Not because I hate being single, but if we declare we are single does that mean we want not to be single?...
I mean I'm definitely not looking to unsingle myself! Not now or any point soon!

So this morning, tired and harassed having been up breastfeeding for the best part of the night and having no one to talk to at 6 o clock this morning I decided to declare myself single.  To come out of the online closet so to speak.  To stand up and be counted.

I'm talking about Facebook.  Where 'friends' are few and far between and really our friends list consists mostly of work acquaintances and people we knew when we were about 12...

So it's been 4 hours my timeline reports.  Since I edited my Facebook status...

not one comment...

no inbox message...

not even a like?!

Tell you what though, my ears are sure as hell burning...  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment